- Refusal to surrender an idol to God (Ezekiel 14).
- Sin in the heart (Psalm 66:18).
- Unresolved conflict between brethren (Matthew 5:23; James 5:16).
- Because of unbelief (Matthew 13:58; Mark 5:40; Luke 8:54).
- Marital unrest (1 Peter 3:7).
- Asking with wrong motives (James 4:3 NASB).
Bible Versions Issue Summary
There is no perfect Bible translation; nor is there a one-to-one correspondence from one language to another.
Advances in our understanding of Hebrew which have come in just the past century, with fresh data from the Dead Sea Scrolls, have led to significant improvement in most translations of the Old Testament in the newer translations. Before the Dead Sea Scrolls (earliest dating 408 BC), the earliest complete copy of the Old Testament we have was the Leningrad Codex (about AD 1008).
- The main dispute over Bible translations has to do with the base text of the New Testament.