Preparing for the Harvest - Symposium Resources
Here are links to the three presentations shared by Larry Kirkpatrick on July 13-14, 2018 at the Preparing for the Harvest Symposium held at the Twin Peaks, Colorado Seventh-day Adventist church.
The following materials are provided for those wishing to study or review documents, such as the entire "Baker Letter," for the meetings.
HANDOUT for 1957, Original Sin, and Questions on Doctrine:
HANDOUT for Ellen White's Christology Demystified:
- Refusal to surrender an idol to God (Ezekiel 14).
- Sin in the heart (Psalm 66:18).
- Unresolved conflict between brethren (Matthew 5:23; James 5:16).
- Because of unbelief (Matthew 13:58; Mark 5:40; Luke 8:54).
- Marital unrest (1 Peter 3:7).
- Asking with wrong motives (James 4:3 NASB).
Bible Versions Issue Summary
There is no perfect Bible translation; nor is there a one-to-one correspondence from one language to another.
Advances in our understanding of Hebrew which have come in just the past century, with fresh data from the Dead Sea Scrolls, have led to significant improvement in most translations of the Old Testament in the newer translations. Before the Dead Sea Scrolls (earliest dating 408 BC), the earliest complete copy of the Old Testament we have was the Leningrad Codex (about AD 1008).
- The main dispute over Bible translations has to do with the base text of the New Testament.