Is the Atonement Completed or In-Process?
He entered the most holy place on the Day of Atonement, 'not without blood,' as a mediator for all Israel. He came forth from that work to bless the congregation, as Christ will come forth to bless His waiting people when His work of atonement in their behalf shall be ended (PP 426).
Secrets Unsealed Unity Symposium Slides 2017
Slides used by Pr. Kirkpatirck in August 2017 Scripture, Church Structure, and the Path to Unity Symposium in his presentation "Dissolution or Revolution."
1 The Most basic element in church structure:
2 The General Conference represents the worldwide expression of the Church:
3 SDA global Church structural organization in one panel:Read more...
- Refusal to surrender an idol to God (Ezekiel 14).
- Sin in the heart (Psalm 66:18).
- Unresolved conflict between brethren (Matthew 5:23; James 5:16).
- Because of unbelief (Matthew 13:58; Mark 5:40; Luke 8:54).
- Marital unrest (1 Peter 3:7).
- Asking with wrong motives (James 4:3 NASB).
Bible Versions Issue Summary
There is no perfect Bible translation; nor is there a one-to-one correspondence from one language to another.
Advances in our understanding of Hebrew which have come in just the past century, with fresh data from the Dead Sea Scrolls, have led to significant improvement in most translations of the Old Testament in the newer translations. Before the Dead Sea Scrolls (earliest dating 408 BC), the earliest complete copy of the Old Testament we have was the Leningrad Codex (about AD 1008).
- The main dispute over Bible translations has to do with the base text of the New Testament.